Form TL2 - Claim for Meals and Lodging Expenses

If you are a truck driver, you may be eligible to claim the cost of your meals and lodging using the TL2. Did you know that as a longhaul truck driver you may be able to claim up to 80% of your meals based on your logbook and not actual receipts! You may also be able to claim your showers. Give Melissa a call, you never know what credits you might be missing out on!

Melissa, the owner of Horseshoe Tax, is a former truck driver herself and therefore understands the ins and outs of the trucking industry. Melissa used to do short and long haul, single and teaming runs, hauling hazardous materials, chemicals in particular, and other liquids.

For our rates, please see the income tax page.

Melissa on a long-haul trip to the Dartmouth, NS harbor where she was waiting for her tanker of oil to be unloaded into a tank on the barge. 

For more information from CRA, go to the following links:
CRA - Transportation Employees
Form TL2 (PDF format)



Home | About Us | Income Tax | Bookkeeping | Financial PlanningGift Boutique | FAQ | LinksCareers | Contact Us |

Page last updated 21 Sep 2018